ArcGIS Pro is Esri’s powerful, single desktop GIS application. Technologically ahead of everything else on the market, ArcGIS Pro supports data visualization, advanced analysis and authoritative data maintenance in both 2D and 3D. ArcGIS Pro is tightly coupled with the ArcGIS platform supporting data sharing across ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise through Web GIS.
To help ArcGIS Desktop users take full advantage of ArcGIS Pro we have introduced several ArcGIS Pro Courses. During the Kampala Training a 5-day course will be offered focusing on ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows and Field Data Collection Using ArcGIS
ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows
In this course, you will explore ArcGIS Pro capabilities as you become comfortable working with this new desktop application. The course emphasizes common GIS workflows and best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share GIS data and results you need to be productive with ArcGIS Pro.
Learn how to:
- Combine data from various sources to create accurate, informative maps.
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data to keep it accurate and up to date.
- Symbolize map features to support 2D and 3D visualization.
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed.
- Analyze GIS data to solve spatial problems and create new information.
- Share maps, analysis results, and geoprocessing models so they are easily accessible to colleagues, decision makers, or the public.
Field Data Collection Using ArcGIS
ArcGIS apps get the job done through their sheer focus, geographic awareness, and readiness to work. There are powered by industry-leading ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations are able to move paper processes to ArcGIS apps, so field crews are always ready, even when disconnected. This increases productivity, gives everyone the same authoritative data for smooth coordination between field and office, and improved decision-making all around
Learn how to:
- How ArcGIS supports a complete field data management workflow—from the office to the field, in the field, and back to the office.
- Apply best practices to configure and deploy ArcGIS field-productivity apps to meet your data-collection needs.
- To use your own smartphone or tablet to collect data in the field
Who should attend
- Data Editors, GIS Analysts, GIS Database Designers and Map Designers, Field crews