To impart knowledge on the application of GIS as a multipurpose, integrated system that will serve the needs of a variety of Local Government users.
At the end of the training the trainee should be able to
- Understand the Basics of GIS and its application in Local Government.
- Understand how deployment of centralized GIS database and data migration can be accomplished.
- Create maps and configure apps that meet Local Government’s needs.
- Create sustainable workflows for everyday tasks using the Local Government Information Model.
- Share information across different departments within the Local Government.
Who Should attend
Employees of the county government such as GIS technicians, GIS Analysts, Surveyors,Planners etc.
- Introduction to GIS.
- Spatial data management for local government.
- Land Use planning.
- Mobile data collection.
- Tax mapping.
- Spatial Analysis.
- Community Engagement.
The training is hands-on, and it will include: Presentations, discussions, software demonstrations, Exercises and lesson reviews. The training will be facilitated by Esri’s certified instructor.
KES 71,688 per person
inclusive of 16% VAT
Training cost covers for training material, Lunch, refreshments and certificate of completion.