GIS is a contemporary tool used in various disciplines. However, in Urban and Regional planning, GIS is useful for urban analysis, land use analysis, site analysis and modelling, coastal zone and riparian reserve management, urban renewal and regeneration, transportation planning among others.
As a practical course, the focus is to impart and enhance analytical skills using GIS as a tool for presentation, communication and decision making which forms the bedrock of urban and regional planning as a profession.
At the end of the training the trainee should be able to:
- Have better understanding of GIS concepts and principles.
- Have an understand of application of GIS in Urban and Regional planning
- Explore basic GIS functionality and data management concepts
- Utilize GIS to identify and map trends, patterns and problems within the planning sector
- Perform various analysis and modelling to aid decision making in urban and Regional planning context.
- Disseminate information to internal and external stakeholders
- Introduction to GIS
- Understanding GIS Data
- Spatial Analysis
- Spatial Design
- Field data collection
The training is hands-on, and it will include: Presentations, discussions, software demonstrations, Exercises and lesson reviews. The training will be facilitated by Esri’s certified instructor
Software: ArcGIS Desktop, Geo planner for ArcGIS, City Engine and Web GIS.
Who Should Attend?
The course is open to all planners including those working with the National Government, county government, private institutions.
USD 696 KES 71,900 per person
inclusive of 16% VAT
Training cost covers for training material, Lunch, refreshments and certificate of completion.