A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographically referenced data. GIS is fundamental in creation and use of maps and charts to help reveal relationships, patterns, and trends for project indicators in a way that is quickly understood by program managers and easy to share
Introduction to GIS (2 days)
Cost: USD 170
Learn fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology and geographic data. In this course, you will gain experience using GIS maps to visualize and explore real-world features; analyze data to answer questions and create new information; and share maps, data, and other resources so they can be easily accessed throughout your organization.
- Identify appropriate data to support a mapping project.
- Create a map, add data to it, and symbolize map features to support the map's purpose.
- Share data, maps, and other content to an organizational portal.
Putting ArcGIS to Use across your Organization (3 days)
Cost: USD 225
Get a comprehensive introduction to ArcGIS platform components and capabilities. In this course, you explore ArcGIS apps used for mapping and visualization, data collection and management, spatial analytics, and collaboration and sharing. Discover how the ArcGIS platform helps organizations address common business challenges and apply location-based insights to streamline operations and improve decision making.
- Map and analyze business data using ArcGIS apps and tools.
- Create and share data, web maps, and web apps using an ArcGIS portal.
- Configure web maps and dashboards to monitor field operations in real time.
- Streamline field data collection workflows.
ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows (4 days)
Cost: USD 340
Extend your foundational GIS knowledge, get comfortable with the ArcGIS Pro application, and explore some of the most common GIS workflows. This course introduces techniques and general best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share data and other GIS resources. Hands-on exercises will give you the experience needed to efficiently work with ArcGIS Pro.
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data.
- Manage, symbolize, and label map layers.
- Analyze and model GIS data to solve spatial problems.
- Share maps and analysis results.
Field Data Collection and Management (3 days)
Cost: USD 225
Learn how ArcGIS supports a complete field data management workflow—from the office to the field, in the field, and back to the office. You will learn best practices to configure and deploy ArcGIS field-productivity apps to meet your data-collection needs. You will have the opportunity to use your own iOS or Android device to complete some course exercises.
- Efficiently manage field workforce assignments and monitor field data collection in real time.
- Create and configure a web map for map-based data collection and surveys for form-based data collection.
- Create a web app to collect requests and generate work assignments.
Performing Spatial Analysis with ArcGIS Pro (4 days)
Cost: USD 340
Learn essential concepts and a standard workflow you can apply to any spatial analysis project. You will work with a variety of ArcGIS tools to explore, analyze, and produce reliable information from data. Course exercises use an Advanced license of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, and ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst.
- Prepare data and choose appropriate tools and settings for an analysis.
- Examine features and distribution patterns within an area of interest and identify optimal locations using 2D and 3D analysis tools.
- Quantify spatial patterns using spatial statistics and analyze change over time to identify emerging hot spots.
- Use interpolation and regression analysis to explain why patterns occur and predict how patterns will change.
The training will be facilitated by Esri’s certified instructor