This course introduces GIS concepts and ArcGIS tools used to visualize real-world features, discover patterns, and communicate information. Using ArcMap and ArcGIS Online, you will work with GIS maps, explore data, and analyze maps and data as you learn fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology.
Learn how to:
- Understand GIS fundamental concepts and its massive benefits
- Quickly create and share a GIS map using ArcGIS web-based tools and content.
- Find and organize geographic data and other GIS resources for a mapping project.
- Accurately display features on a GIS map and efficiently access information about them.
- Analyze a GIS map to identify where features that meet specific criteria are located.
- Share GIS maps and analysis results with others so they can be viewed using desktop applications, websites, and mobile devices.
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.
- Suitable for individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS.
Who should Attend
- Individuals who have no or minimal experience with GIS and GIS Professionals