Explore a range of ArcGIS functionality and basic ArcGIS skills! In this course, you will acquire the skills to perform the most common ArcGIS workflows. Primarily using ArcMap, you will explore, manage, and analyze geographic data and create informative maps. Learn techniques to effectively share your ArcGIS work with decision makers, colleagues, and the public.
Learn how to:
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data so that it is accurate and up to date.
- Manage, symbolize, and label map layers to support visualization and data exploration.
- Apply a standard workflow to analyze GIS data and solve spatial problems.
- Deliver maps and analysis results to multiple platforms for access to both GIS users and non-GIS users.
- Provide the fundamental ArcGIS knowledge and experience needed to enroll in courses such as Data and Map Production, Geoprocessing and Analysis,
Enterprise GIS and Multi-user Geodatabases.
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.
- Suitable for GIS professionals and others who have an introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience.
Who should Attend
- Data Editors, GIS Analysts, GIS Database Designers, Map Designers and GIS Desktop Application Developers