Learn fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology and geographic data. In this course, you will gain experience using GIS maps to visualize and explore real-world features; analyze data to answer questions and create new information; and share maps, data, and other resources so they can be easily accessed throughout your organization
Learn how to:
- Identify appropriate data to support a mapping project.
- Create a map, add data to it, and symbolize map features to support the map’s purpose.
- Share data, maps, and other content to an organizational portal.
- Perform spatial analysis to obtain information about map features within an area of interest.
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.
- Suitable for individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS.
Who should Attend
- Individuals who have no or minimal experience with GIS and GIS Professionals