Learn recommended workflows and best practices to install, configure and deploy Portal for ArcGIS to meet your organization’s need for private, secure geospatial content sharing. The course introduces portal for ArcGIS Components and architecture models that support web GIS workflows. Techniques to ensure Portal security and availability are covered.
Learn how to:
- Install, Configure and License Portal for ArcGIS software
- Create and manage user accounts and configure enterprise authentication.
- Create enterprise groups to efficiently organize and manage access to portal content.
- Publish ArcGIS Services to validate the portal configuration.
- Integrate a portal with an ArcGIS Server site to add capabilities and simplify user access and content publishing workflows.
- Apply techniques to optimize the performance of your organization’s portal.
- ArcGIS for Server: Site Configuration and Administration or equivalent knowledge.
Who should attend
- ArcGIS Server Administrators who need to set up and configure a private organizational portal that provides secure access to geospatial data, maps and apps.
- Recognize system design factors that impact GIS software performance and scalability.
- Incorporate security best practices throughout system design and deployment
- Identify a target IT platform and network solution that satisfies your peak system performance needs.
- Review the System Design Strategies wiki site.
Who should attend?
GIS Technical Leads, System Administrators and GIS Managers