This course introduces Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to Urban and regional Planning professionals, carrying out analysis, modelling and spatial design. As a practical course, the focus is to impart and enhance their analytical skills using GIS analytical tools for presentation, communication and decision making which forms the bedrock of Urban planning as a profession.
Learn how to:
- Undertake Field data collection for spatial Planning with GIS
- Data management and synthesis
- Utilize GIS to identify and map trends, patterns and problems within the planning sector
- Perform various analysis and modelling to aid decision making in urban planning context.
- Disseminate information to internal and external stakeholders
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for urban and regional planners as well people involved in planning.